Thursday, April 22, 2010
Days Like That
I wish more of our days were like yesterday. It was productive, well-rounded, and fun - and it served as a great reminder of why we homeschool, something I was in desperate need of remembering. The day started early with some yardwork followed by one of the Tri-Art concerts at the Brooks Center. The concert was one of the kids' favorites so far this year (steel drum band). We did a little more yardwork after we got home then headed out to lunch and the library. We were going to the library for Craft/Storytime but went a little early to do some reading. The bookmobile was parked out in front of the library (why? I have no idea), and apparently my kids had never seen one before and were very curious. We ended up spendng 30 min. on that little van because they thought it was so cool! While at the library, Logan and I read about SC in an "Off the Beaten Path" travel guide. It had the most interesting stories and facts about SC - things that were new to me even. Logan was finally interested in history for which I was thankful, and we just had a special time discussing and learning together...it's always the little things, you know? We ate with the college students at church and then went to Bible Study. Normally, after a day like that, I am beat...worn out...cranky. There was just something about yesterday, though, that gave me that ooomph I needed to keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"...For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:
Post a Comment